Our most pressing needs right now are the following:
The Kinship Care program kindly requests up to 3 twin size beds for a new client. The family in need is composed of 7 children, all under the age of 9. Currently the children share beds or sleep on couches in the living room. Their grandmother is the sole provider, but her income is limited and based off of disability. With 8 people in one house, food and basic necessities are first priority, and beds are often unaffordable. In addition to requesting the beds, please keep in mind this struggling family of 8 also needs bed sheets, blankets and pillows, all items which we often forget to consider. Hopefully you can help! Please contact Jennifer at Jennifer.Robinson@clintonvillecrc.org
In addition, Kinship Care requests:
1) A 61 year old grandmother is raising a 15yr. old grandson and a 9yr. old and 1 year old grandson with her husband who doesn’t have a job. She needs at bus pass to get around to do everything. She is having a rough time with raising the children. If you can assist with a $60.00 bus pass, please let me know, our program helped her with an electric bill and can’t get her a bus pass also. Thanks for your consideration, Lu with Kinship Care at 214-6347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) A 63 year old grandmother lost her job in September ’11, she is raising an 11 year old grandson, and she hasn’t been able to catch up on her rent since September. She has a bad back and is trying to get disability but that will take a long time. If you can assist her with any amount of her rent bill, please let Lu know at email@example.com or 214-6347. She has gotten some assistance from other agencies. You can make the check out to CRC and we will turn it around to her landlord. Thanks very much.
“I have a senior who has a bad back and is needing a new twin bed as his current bed is so old it has fallen apart and is no longer providing back support. If you are able to assist this man, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.”
“I’m working with a senior who is interested in drawing. He requested art paper and charcoal pencils. If you could supply theses items, please let Savannah know. 267-3050 or email@example.com Thanks!”
“Winter has finally begun which means, we are looking for volunteers who would be able to assist with snow shoveling. Specifically, I need assistance on Monday mornings. If you can help, please let me know. Thanks so much! Savannah 267-3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org”
“I’m assisting a lady with organization documents and other important information. She is in need of an address/phone book, preferably large print. If you can help, please contact Savannah at email@example.com or 267-3050.”
“I have a senior client, a self-sufficient Korea war vet, who puts pans of water on the stove in his apartment to add humidity in the winter. On two occasions when I have been there to see him, the pan is on the heat on the stove and all the water has evaporated. I have cautioned him about the danger in this happening, but unfortunately, he is forgetful about this, and many things. He could really use a gently used humidifier if anyone has one to donate. Thanks, Ann Fowble.”
Ann Fowble works with seniors on managing their finances and is in need of calculators with larger display such the one attached. Also she’s needing a digital converter box for over the air television as a senior is trying to save money by dropping cable. Please contact Ann firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to assist. Thanks!
We will begin doing tax returns through the Ohio Benefit Bank January 19th. We are in need of anyone that wants to volunteer to learn to be an Ohio Benefit Bank counselor. If you are interested in helping out, please email Joe at email@example.com. It is not necessary to be a professional tax preparer. Anyone that is computer literate can do the training and become an Ohio Benefit Bank counselor. We also need volunteers that want to work in our Ohio Benefit Bank any time of year, helping people process many different applications for various government services. There are trainings this month for both the OBB tax service, and the regular Benefits work. The link to the free training schedule is here:https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1UJ1vlS5vtwQGS5glkKii7tiDjX00A1HzTHAEZzsWy1M&pli=1. The trainings are held at the OASHF offices at the corner of High & Gay Streets.
Please come to our Community Fundraiser at Bob Evans, Jan 25th. Anyone with this flyer that goes to eat at Bob Evans Graceland between 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. will have 15% of their bill donated to CRC by Bob Evans. A delicious way to help out the community!
Senior Supportive Services is in need of dedicated volunteers to assist with regular monthly senior events!
1. First, we need volunteers to assist with set-up and clean-up at our monthly breakfast club event, held the 2nd Thursday of each month at North Broadway United Methodist Church. This event is always a hit and draws over 60 seniors each month; it includes a meal, health education, and entertainment. We need volunteers from 10-11:15am to help us set tables and do general preparations, and then volunteers from 1:00-2:30 to assist with clean-up, dish washing, wiping down tables, etc. We invite volunteers to stay late or come early and enjoy the time with our seniors.
2. Are you an entertainer or knows someone who is? We are always looking for individuals/groups to provide entertainment at our monthly breakfast club event, held the 2nd Thursday of each month. Past entertainment has included choirs, dance groups, a clogging group, a magician, and more!
3. Are you creative or enjoy planning social events? If so, we could use your help planning and carrying out our monthly Tuesdays at Clinton Heights events! These events range from game days to educational workshops to volunteer activities with seniors.
If you are interested in helping out with any of these volunteer opportunities, please contact Brandy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brandy at 267-3050. Thank you!
• We are creating green grocery bags, and are in need of fabric of all sorts, to create the bags. Also the group is in need of an iron, an ironing board, and tailor chalk. Please feel free to drop donated supplies off at the CRC.
• We are in need of volunteer drivers, to assist senior citizens to and from medical appointments. If you are interested please contact Mark Balson at email@example.com.
Our most pressing needs right now are the following: